Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Open Educational Resources (OER), are teaching, learning, and research resources that are free of cost and access barriers, and also carry legal permission for open use.
* They include a multitude of formats, including textbooks, full courses, modules, videos, labs, assignments, and assessments.
OERs are licensed in such a way that enables adopters to utilize the 5 Rs:
- Retain a copy of the content
- Reuse the content in a range of ways
- Revise the content as needed
- Remix original or revised content with other material
- Redistribute the original, revisions, and remixes with others
Creative Commons licenses are often applied to OERs to license these rights to adopters.
3 Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition and Open Education Group